The HTC One M8 is a popular flagship model of the HTC Company that was launched in March last year. This new M8 phone was offered with a larger 5 inch display, faster processor, upgraded software and better camera technology.
The CyanogenMod 12.1 Stable Read Only Memory (ROM) is now ready to be used on the HTC One M8 Smartphone. If you want to get a smoother experience of the Android Lollipop experienced on your HTC One M8 phone, then you will have to flash the CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Custom ROM. The process to download it is given below in this article.
Prerequisites Before Updating HTC One M8 To Android 5.1.1
- All the important data and information that you have on your HTC One M8 phone has to be backed up as a complete wipe out will be taking place when the flashing process is in.
- Your HTC One M8 phone must be an unlocked one and should have a rooted firmware.
- The device must be having at least 80% of power for the flashing to take place without any issues.
- You will have to enable the USB debugging on your phone. It is done by tapping on settings, then development options, and then tap on USB debugging.
- Make sure that you have the HTC One M8 recovery tool like CWM and TWRP.
How To Update?
- You will have to first download the CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 custom ROM firmware for HTC One M8 and Google Apps on your PC and then transfer the downloaded file and Google Apps onto your phone by connecting the phone with your PC via a USB cord.
- Your device must have been rooted and also must have the ClockworkMod Recovery tool in it before upgrading the phone with Android 5.1.1.
- Disconnect the USB cord from the phone and switch it off.
- Now, boot your HTC One M8 phone in the bootloader mode. This is done by pressing and holding the volume down and the power keys together.
- Follow the instructions that come up and access the Custom Recovery Mode option.
- Initiate the wipe data task by opting for the CWM recovery menu, tap on wipe data/ factory reset to start the process.
- You should also carry out ‘wipe cache partition’ as well as ‘wipe dalvik cache’ to fully reset your device.
- Now come back to the recovery screen and tap on ‘install zip from SD card’ option.
- Next, you need to locate ‘choose zip from SD card’, tap on it and then look out for downloaded Android 5.1.1 ROM zip file on the SD card.
- Authenticate the flashing process and after the ROM is flashed successfully, you need to repeat the above process to find out the Google Apps in the SD card to install it on your phone.
- Once done, reboot your HTC One M8 in normal mode and you can now boot into the new Android 5.5.1 custom ROM.