Marshmallow is the new operating system of android, google has officially released the update on many supported devices and also the source code. Those who have downloaded the custom roms based on android marshmallow for their devices needs Google Apps 6.0 to run the basic Google services like contacts, play store, calendar and other services. You can download gapps for marshmallow and select the package according to your wish and flash them through recovery.
DOWNLOAD GApps For MARSHMALLOW ANDROID 6.0
- Pico Gapps — Link | File: open_gapps-arm-6.0-pico-20151008.zip (45.8 MB)
– Packed with Google system base, Google Play Store, Google Calendar Sync, and the following Play Store application
- Zero Gapps — Link | File: Slim_zero_gapps.BETA.6.0.build.0.x-20151008a.zip (93.4 MB)
– In this package, you will find the core Google system base, off-line speech files, Google Play Store, Google Calendar Sync, Google Play services and Google Search.
- Mini Gapps — Link | File: Slim_mini_gapps.BETA.6.0.build.0.x-20151008a.zip (173.7 MB)
– In this package you will find the core Google system base, off-line speech files, Google Play Store, Google Exchange Services (replaces stock/AOSP Exchange Services), Face Detection for Media, Face Unlock, and the following Play Store applications Clock (replaces stock/AOSP Clock), Google+, Google Calendar (replaces stock/AOSP Calendar), Google Now Launcher, Google NFC Tags (replaces stock/AOSP NFC Tags), Google Play services, Google Search, Google Text-to-Speech, Gmail, Hangouts, Maps, Photos, YouTube.
- BokROM Gapps — Link | File: aosp-6.0-20151007-bokrom-gapps-hammerhead.zip (377.7 MB)
– Packed with Almost all the apps. Apps which are not available ion this package are Google Camera, Google Keyboard, Sheets, and Slides.
- Full Gapps — Link | File: Slim_mini_gapps.BETA.6.0.build.0.x-20151008a.zip (475.0 MB)
– Packed with all the Google apps, fully stock version.
HOW TO INSTALL GApps For MARSHMALLOW ANDROID 6.0
Step 1. Once the custom ROM is installed on your device. Download the Google apps package from the above mention links.
Step 2. One the zip file is downloaded on your desktop. Connect your device to the PC and move the Gapps zip file on your device.
Step 3. Now turn off your android device and boot the device into recovery mode.
Step 4. Now you will see the custom recovery main menu screen, from here tap on the “Install Zip From Sdcard” or similar, and after that “Choose Zip From Sdcard”.
Step 5. Now browse the ZIP file that you moved on your phone or tablet and install the same on your device.
Step 6. The installation process will take some time. Once completed, Reboot your device and you should now have Google Apps installed.
That’s it, now the Google apps are installed on your Custom Rom.