This was a long old debate that when will be the rates be going down on Roaming calls and sms by the top Telecom Companies. Well, after the regulator TRAI cut the ceiling rates of the incoming calls, outgoing calls and sms charges the mobile users will be paying less on their monthly bills and also the prepaid users as well. The operators that has cut down the calling rates and incoming call charges while roaming are Airtel, Vodafone, Idea and Reliance.
The roaming call charges will be a lot cheaper by upto 40 percent and SMS by up to 75 percent. On the ongoing discussion Bharti Airtel announced that they will be reducing the incoming call rates while roaming by up to a maximum of 40 percent and along with it the outgoing inter circle call charges will be reduced by up to 23 percent.
- The normal outgoing call charges will be now 20 percent less.
- Local SMS charges will be 75 percent less.
- Other SMS inter circle charges will be by 74 percent less.
Countries second largest telecom operator Vodafone announced that the incoming call charges while roaming will be 45 paise per minute unlike 75 paise per minute earlier, which would be 40 per cent less.
- Outgoing local calls will be charge 80 paise per minute where as it was Re 1 previously.
- STD calls charges would be Rs. 1.15 paise per minute unlike Rs. 1.50 previously.
IDEA & RCOM :
Idea Cellular and Reliance Communications have also announced the changes in their call charges plans and would be less for incoming roaming charges by 40 per cent respectively.